“When started out I weighed almost 170 pounds my BMI was close to 30, … I’m down to 142 pounds.”
If you have grown tired of being suckered into chasing those annoying fad diets, it may be the perfect time to stop that nightmare and use some honest and down-to-earth advice that comes from people who have tried all the diets under the sun. Below are a number of weight loss tricks that are easy to implement and stick to, and they definitely do work.
- Throw Away Your Food Scale: Naturally thin people don’t weigh themselves all the time. Hardly ever, in fact. The shift from obsessing about what number shows up on the mechanical thing on the floor to notice how your clothes feel on your body. You can figure out if you’re gaining or losing real quickly that way.
- Pack Fruit With Your Lunch: Make sure you always have fruit with you when you are at work, the natural sweetness really helps when you reach that stage in the afternoon when you start to crave snacks such as chips or chocolates.
- Protein Shakes: If you are trying to lose a couple of pounds, a great (and fast) alternative to not eating a meal or eating junk food is a healthy protein shake or smoothie. Lots of flavor options, and a fun thing to eat.
- Brush And Floss After Dinner: If you brush and floss your teeth directly after you have eaten dinner, you probably won’t eat again that evening.
- Take Your Before Photo: One of the best weight-loss tools is to take photographs of yourself wearing only underwear before you start a healthy eating and exercise plan. Enjoy looking at your before pics as you get thinner… it’s good motivation!
- Stop Drinking Sodas!: Sodas have no nutritional value, cost a lot, and directly contribute to weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, cancer and the diet sodas require insulin to digest, which spikes your blood sugar… do we need to say more? It’s garbage and definitely not something you want as part of your future.
- Keep A Pitcher Of Water: To make sure you are drinking enough water every day, fill up a pitcher or a glass jug with water add something attractive such as cucumber slices, mint leaves or strawberries. Drinking water will start to feel more like a treat.
- Pack Away Your Leftovers: As soon as you have served dinner for the evening, pack your leftovers away immediately and pack it away into your freezer or fridge.
- Make Sure You Are Getting Enough Sleep: Sleep is regarded as the “cornerstone” when it comes to managing your weight, as it impacts the hormones that have control on how you are burning fat, how the fat is stored, as well as how muscles are maintained. When your hormones are balanced, they increase when you are getting enough sleep, the easier it becomes to manage your weight. Sleep deprivation is connected to weight gain.
- Do What Works: You may think your personal weight-loss program will differ from others. Maybe, but not by much. Many people make the mistake of taking the advice that fails to notice that weight loss is the same for everyone. What this means is there aren’t any “secrets”, shortcuts, or magic, and what works for one person, will work for you. What you should be focused on is taking an honest approach to what you really want to accomplish, the action you’ll take toward those goals, and build your schedule around that. People who achieve a natural, healthy weight loss with a sustainable end always have a lot of attention to the basics.